Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 01:34:25 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AD1815 Based Sound Cards

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, German Tischler wrote:

> > Has anyone ever used a card based on the Analog Devices AD1815 chip?

> You might try if you get success with my ad1816 patches for Luigi's code.
> They are located at
>
> http://www.mayn.franken.de/users/tanis
>
> You will at least have to add the PNP id of your card to the pnp probe.
>
> If it works you should get better support for your card than with just
> Soundblaster emulation.

It works well.  I'm listening to an mp3 on one of those cards right now.
Nice work.  :)  I had to make a minor change to the soundcard.h patch.
There is an ifdef in there now.  Also, I added the following to ad1848.c:

    if (vend_id == 0x1114b250)
        s = "Terratec Soundsystem BASE 1";
+    else if (vend_id == 0x50719304)
+        s = "Analog Devices AD1815";
!/* Add PnP id's for more AD1815/1816 based cards here here . */
/*    else if (vend_id == 0x????????)
        s = "Other Card"; */

I will let you know any problems I have, and try to stay up to date, but
it appears to be working quite nicely.

Later......						<Doug>