Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:57:23 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vfs changes synced w/ devfs

I had a couple of problems with my changes in devfs.  The patch has been
updated.  http://www.freebsd.org/~mch/vop1a.diff.

I've done about 4 make worlds on ffs and some simple tests on union.  I'm
also using Matt Blaze's cryptoFS without any problems.  I need testers for
NFS and ext2fs though.

I'm booting with DEVFS now and it appears to be ok.

/dev/sd0s2a on / (NFS exported, local, writes: sync 81 async 190))
devfs on dummy_mount (local)
devfs on /dev (local, noexec, read-only)
/dev/sd0s2f on /usr (asynchronous, local, noatime, writes: sync 84 async 1193))
/dev/sd0s2e on /var (local, writes: sync 182 async 263))
procfs on /proc (local)
localhost:/ on /crypt
<above>:/usr/tmp on /usr/ports/distfiles (local, noclusterw)

Regards,

Mike Hancock