Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 12:21:21 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Live FS CD (was Re: Intel EtherExpress Pro 100 Network Card)

Doug White writes:
> It is labeled "live file system", but there's really nothing to tell me
> what good it is, except it looks a lot like the file system after I finish
> my installation.  Is it for example purposes, backup purposes, or
> what?

If it were me, I'd use it for reference and/or security.  Basically, if
you thought something was compromised you could check the md5 signature
by comparing it to the one on the CD.  Also, it makes it easy to go back
and make sure things are ok, and finally it allows you to look at
FreeBSD stuff on DOS when you are feeling lonely. :)

Nate