Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:00:36 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mattias_Bj=F6rk?= <mattias.bjork@sydnet.net>
To:        Derrick Edwards <dantavious@comcast.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPICAM FreeBSD 5.2.1

Hi,

Derrick Edwards wrote:
>  Good day to all. I have been going crazy trying to get K3b to work.
> Everytime I attempt to burn a cd, the system freezes and reboots. I have been
> on the formus for a month now trying to find a soulution. Seems a lot of
> other people are having the same issue, and all theses guys are pointing to
> atapicam.  I reinstalled 4.10 for testing  and k3b works perfectly. Is
> atapicam really the problem as I suspect? If so, will this be fixed prior to
> 5.3 release. Apologize in advance if this is a silly question.
> Thanks for your assistance, please let me know if you need additional info.
> Derrick

When you are burning are you using SCSI, IDE or both in a combination?

I have had some problems (on 5.2.1-RELEASE-p5) with using a SCSI
CD-reader in combination with my NEC 1100 burner. If I start K3B it
freezes my system, but if I removed my SCSI CD-reader the problem went
away. But the I only had my IDE NEC 1100 burner left.

Note that I had a Hard drive as well attached too my SCSI controller
card and that did not cause in my eye's any problems.

Perhaps you are having a similar problem?

But then again I don't think that my problems is directly related too yours.

Thanks Mattias Björk