Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 00:03:23 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Guilherme Oliveira <guilherme@nortenet.pt>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, "Francisco Cabrita (NovoDesign)" <franciscocabrita@novodesign.pt>
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4 buildworld errors

This is WRONG.  You got bad advice.  The sequence documented in UPDATING
is buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, reboot (single-user to be safe,
although quiet machines can get away with a normal reboot), installworld,
mergemaster, reboot.  The reasons have been repeated endlessly on this list.

Barney Wolff