Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 22:34:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemicals.tacorp.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   new pccard beep code "not quite right"

While I'm sure the new beeps for pccard insert/remove are quite charming
on some laptops, they are a bit broken on mine...

The new beeps are nothing more than a barely audible click or two... But
the real problem is that if the speaker wants to beep afterwards, my ears
are assaulted by not one but a nearly endless stream of beeps. They
continue for different lengths depending on when they begin... They seem
to stop when a card is identified though -- but it only requires another
beep to set it off again, and they continue until a card is either ejected
or another is identified (they don't stop if I break to ddb).

Any debugging info needed will be happily provided!

--
          Wesley N Morgan                       _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \