Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:38:00 +0000
From:      "Rhys John" <elite_bizkit@hotmail.com>
To:        jandrese@mitre.org
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer keeps screwing my system :(

If it was all it took was simple "killall mplayer" then everything would be
fine, but its worse than that :( The reason I rebuilt my system the previous
times is becuase in both cases the systems had been rebooted and shutdown a
few times, neither of which resulted in my system regaining sound. So in
short, I have killed the mplayer process, rebooted my machine and shut it
down a few times (powered down aswell) and I still cant get any sound out of
it :(

- BiZKiT
(before anyone asks I have recompiled my kernel with sound support and yes I
did have sound before mplayer screwed it all up :( )