Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:17:21 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        Michael Doyle <itmngr@cooperationireland.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems following PHP upgrade

[...]

> Today I updated the installed version of PHP from PHP 5.2.6 to version
> 5.2.10
> At first all appeared to work, but then I noticed that certain pages
> within the WebCalendar application were failing to load.
>
> /var/log/messages contains multiple lines of the form:
> Jul 16 16:13:33 intranet kernel: pid xxx (httpd), uid 80: exited on
> signal 4
>
> /usr/local/www/apache22/logs/httpd-error.log contains multiple lines
> of the form:
> [Thu Jul 16 16:13:33 2009] [notice] child pid xxx exit signal Illegal
> instruction (4)

We saw a similar problem when we upgraded PHP in our test environment.
After review of the problems and what was fixed/changed in 5.2.10, we
decided not to proceed with the upgrade from 5.2.9 at this time.  As
a result, I don't have any more information on how to track down the
problem and fix it ... all I can say is "me too."

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com