Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 2013 15:27:10 +0100
From:      "A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven" <freebsd@skysmurf.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   [RfD] Merging fortune ports

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

Howdy all,

I happened to notice that there are already several misc/fortune* ports
and it takes only the slightest bit of imagination to come up with several
more. Hell, I alone can think of at least a dozen or so. However, we
probably don't want to fill the ports tree with a whole bunch of ports
that are pretty much the same except for the one or two files they
install. Moreover, who is to say which fortune ports get accepted and
which don't? This got me thinking:

Would it be a good idea to merge all fortune* ports into one and use the
OPTIONS framework to let the user select which cookie jar(s) they wish to
install?

For what it's worth: I'd be happy to do the work (except for the actual
commits, since I lack the necessary rights) and wouldn't mind taking (or
sharing) maintainership.

Anyway, I just thought I'd put the idea out there; comments are welcome.

For your reference: I also started a thread about this on the FreeBSD
Forums (https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=3D5&t=3D43931).

AvW

--=20
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--