Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:00:45 -0500
From:      "Michael A. Smith" <msmith@code-fu.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   shared libs

I'm trying to add a shared lib directory (/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql). In
Linux, I'd simply add it to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig. I'm not
having as much luck in FreeBSD 4.0.

I've been scanning the ldconfig manpage with little luck. I can add a
/etc/ld-elf.so.conf file with my new directory listed in it, but if I run
"ldconfig -elf" I lose everything ("ldconfig -r" comes up empty). I need
to delete the conf file and reboot to get the old shared lib directories
back.

Any suggestions?
--
Michael A. Smith