Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:20:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@ns1.seidata.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: etherchannel support

Hello,

I was curious about etherchannel/NIC aggregation in FreeBSD...
browsing the archives turned up a thread that seemed to end up asking
'what does Cisco do?'.

What's the status of this now?  Someone (luigi?) had asked about
methodology for choosing output interface, how to load balance, etc.
How would we go about actually 'bonding' multiple interfaces into one
logical trunk (single MAC, downed NIC detection, etc.)?  Adaptec does
this with their Dura* product line, but I think the software is NT
only.

http://www.adaptec.com/technology/whitepapers/portaggregationio1.html

Later,

					-Mike