Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:09:12 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        Brian Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/inetd builtins.c inetd.h

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:06:02 +0200, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> But when inetd is run without -l it get 100%.

Are you avoiding my question on purpose? :-)

> On Fri, 23-Jul-1999 at 14:29:19 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
>
> > What does "sucking all the CPU time" mean? Does it mean that other
> > programs were suffering, or does it mean that it was the only
> > significant user of CPU and so showed up at close to 100% CPU usage?

I don't care how the usage is split over syslog and inetd. What I want
to know is whether their combined usage of the CPU causes a serious
problem for other CPU-bound processes.

After all, you _have_ asked the inetd+syslog pair to do a lot of work.

Ciao,
Sheldon.