Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:10:02 -0200
From:      "Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira" <lioux@uol.com.br>
To:        David Lebel <lebel@lebel.org>
Cc:        lioux@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: why lame 3.70 when 3.87 is there?

On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 11:49:00AM -0500, David Lebel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> even though 3.87 is "beta" software, lame is much faster and quite
> alot better at this level than the old 3.70 version.  I submitted a
> set of patches for a "devel" version of lame a few weeks ago and
> implemented version 3.87.  Wouldn't be a good idea to use them (or a
> variation of thereof) ?
>
> Why stick with 3.70 ?

Hi,

	Because we want an uniform approach.
	3.70 stable should be audio/lame
	3.87 development should be audio/lame-devel

	Just to comply to everything else on our port's tree. That
does not mean that everyone won't use lame-devel. Check sdl-devel,
most ports use it instead of the stable sdl.

	Unfortunaly, I won't be able to take care of this for
you. I am gonna be away for a while. Please take this to
freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org. I am sure ppl will like the idea.

	Regards,
		Mario Ferreira

--
Mario S F Ferreira - UnB - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
lioux at ( freebsd dot org | linf dot unb dot br )