Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:56:06 +0200
From:      "Sandra Kachelmann" <s.kachelmann@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is FreeBSD i386 64bit?

Coming from the Linux world I am pretty new to FreeBSD, please bare with me=
.
I find the FreeBSD handbook pretty useful and I just managed to update
7.0-RELEASE to 7-STABLE from source. I have an Intel core4quad CPU and was
wondering if I now have a 64bit FreeBSD. I am a bit confused because from
/usr/src/sys/ I only see the directories amd64, ia64 and sparc64 with the
number 64 in it.

Another question, is setting CPUTYPE advised or discouraged? I am aware
about problems if you mix binaries built with different CPU flags; not a
problem for me because coming from Gentoo I am used to build everything
myself.

Sandra

--
Mit freundlichen Gr=FCssen