Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:26:15 -0500
From:      "Jud " <jud@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install FS on Both RAID and Disk Within Array?

As noted in a message to the list a day or two ago,
since I installed 4.5-RELEASE to a RAID-0 array I
haven't been able to get ppp to work properly.
Everything worked fine when installed on a single hard
drive.  Just to try something to see if it works, I'm
going to install root on a single drive, and the rest
of the filesystem on the array.

I have a single 20gb HD running by itself, and 2 40gb
drives in the RAID-0 array.  They are recognized by the
system, respectively, as ad2, ad4, ad6, and ar0.

Here's my question: Can I install root on ad4 or ad6,
and the rest of the filesystem on ar0?  Or will this
leave things Truly Screwed Up (tm)?  Should I install
root on ad2 instead?

Jud