Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2010 12:01:45 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First RSPRO deployed !

On Thursday 18 November 2010 13:43:51 Monthadar Al Jaberi wrote:
> OMG, thank you Luiz for the file.... Adrian forgot to mention that you
> need to add kern_memstart field to the fw_layout_data structure!!!
>
> Its works...so I guess to boot from flash we need to play with the
> flash driver and ffs... thats a totally different story though :P

Well, with mkfwimage it is possible to write FreeBSD into flash on RSPRO and
boot from it. I just verified this. Using it the way it's used in mkflash
script has one drawback, I think - your setup is static and you are not using
whole flash to its best potential as well. Actually, with patches you are able
to read flash (verified) and probably write to it, too, so the 'only'
remaining part is ffs tuned to use it...

Regards,
Milan