Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:59:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        Milo Hyson <milo@cyberlifelabs.com>
Subject:   Re: IBM JDK status

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Milo Hyson wrote:

> What's the current status of the IBM JDK (either 1.3.1 or 1.4)? I know
> the System.exit() bug is the big holdup -- it's the only thing keeping
> me from using it. Is the issue a lack of available man-hours (I may be
> able to help), or is there some other business/political issue?

  I recall this was a Linux emulation issue.  The freebsd-java list is
primarily freqented by Java porters and native Java users.  But if you can
contact the Linux Emulator team (perhaps freebsd-current list?), and give
them an example of a Linux program that crashes under FreeBSD, they
usually can fix it right away.  The Linux Emulator is constantly being
extended.

Tom