Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 12:05:34 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        "Paul, Chris bd 6-6487" <PaulC@mef.bdeoss.com>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.org" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 3.1.1 and ATI Winturbo Mach64 PCI card

On Tue, 30 May 1995, Paul, Chris bd 6-6487 wrote:

> Has anyone got XFree86 3.1.1 to work with a PCI ATI Winturbo Mach64 PCI
> card?  If so, would you mind sending my your XF86Config file?  I use the
> configXF86 program to configure the file and when I startx, the screen goes
> black, wiggles and then after a few seconds, my machine reboots.

    I've got three machines here with ATI cards (one is labelled the
"Winturbo PCI" and the other two are "Graphics Pro Turbo PCI", but all
are Mach64 cards), and a bad config file normally should cause your
computer to reboot.

    You are sure you have XFree86 3.1.1 and not 3.1?  Are you using
the latest patchlevel Mach64 driver (pl2)?  I'll send you my XF86Config
file in a separate message.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org