Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:09:07 +0000
From:      John Birrell <jb@what-creek.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 126859 for review

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 09:37:44AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> How about doing something like this:
>
> 	struct thread {
> 		char td_dtrace_data[KDTRACE_THREAD_SIZE];
> 	};
>
> Then you don't have to allocate it separately or maintain specific offsets
> variables, etc. and using it can become easier.

I thought about doing that, but it involves changing the size of struct thread.

The approach I'm taking will allow the addition of DTrace to both
the RELENG_6 and RELENG_7 trees because it maintains binary compatibility.

I figure if it has to be opaque then it might as well be so opaque that
other code just doesn't see it.

--
John Birrell