Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 1998 11:11:59 +0300
From:      Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@lmf.ericsson.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   WaveLAN PCMCIA with PAO 2.2.7 not working

I had previously problems with BreeCom's wireless LAN adapter, so it
changed to Lucent WaveLAN (2.4 GHz).

I have one desktop workstation with WaveLAN/ISA and one laptop with
WaveLAN/PCMCIA card. Both run 2.2.7-RELEASE. I added manually ARP entries
to both hosts and started ping from the desktop computer. Tcpdump shows
"icmp: echo request" going to the air. So far so good.

The laptop receives these requests according to tcpdump but is unable to
send anything. I have the same NWID numbers (0xABCD) on both hosts.
The laptop is powered with PAO-980913.

Oh, and one strange message: When I execute "ifconfig wlp0 down" I get
"wlp0 ioctl(): board is not running" message. What is this? The board
receives packets from air....

So, if you have any ideas how to get the PCMCIA card working, please
reply. I saw one similar case

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=19824+22592+/usr/local/www/db/te
xt/1998/freebsd-mobile/19980809.freebsd-mobile

but there was not solutions for it.

Martti