Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:37:51 -0500
From:      Understudy <list@understudy.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 600e  interrupt storm

Bob Bishop wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At 17:39 05/02/2005, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Thomas Kempka wrote:
>>
>>> Since suspend and hibernate do not seem to work with apm on the TP
>>> 600e in RELENG_5 (system freezes, but working on RELENG_5_2) it
>>> would be nice if the interrupt throtteling could be fixed.
>>

>> This can't be correct because I've been using my 600E with -CURRENT
>> for the past 3 years.
>

> Also, remember that IBM switched the BIOS support on the 600E from APM
> to ACPI to support Win2k (see the TP support website for details); it
> may matter which BIOS rev you have.
>
>> There is a problem with the ATA driver (use of tsleep() in resume)
>> that requires a patch, and the snd_mss driver doesn't survive a
>> resume (just unload the driver when you're not using it).

Hi,

When  I orginally  sent out the my first email  on  this  I was  having
irq conflicts and  waas  hoping  to resolve them.  I  was asked to
update the bios to  the latest version, I did. It had no effect.  The
errors were:
Interrupt storm detected on "irq10: pcic1"; throttling  interrupt source
and
Interrupt storm detected on "irq11: pcic0 uhci0"; throttling  interrupt
source
 I was asked to post dmesg and a copy of my kernel , I did. It is nice
to see the thread continue however it has lost me. So I would like to
ask again. How do I resolve the  interrupt storm  issues so they aren't
there anymore when  I boot up? The problem didn't exist in  4.x   for
me.  Can I  run 5.x without  them or am I better off staying  with 4.x
for a while longer ?  If I actually have  my pcmcia card installed  on
boot up it will cause  the boot up to freeze at the " Inital i386
initialization" part of the  boot up.

Sincerely,
Brendhan