Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2014 20:00:54 -1000
From:      John Daley <johnda888@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg create hello world

Hi,
I need to move a package from bsd9 to bsd10. Since pkg-create went away, I
am trying to build the tarball with 'pkg create', using 'pkg help create'
as my guide.

I've tried plists, +MTREE_DIRS and specifying 'dir' 'file', 'dirs' and
'files' in the +MANIFEST file. Whatever I do, when I run my pkg command,
e.g.:
      pkg create -o /tmp/xx -f tar -m $PWD/mani
it creates a tar file in /tmp/xx with just the +MANIFEST and +MTREE_DIRS in
it, but no content and no hints what might be the problem.

Can someone post a very simple set of metadata files and pkg create command
that work? That would be extremely useful, like a 'hello world' of package
creation ;)  I'm under a deadline so any pointers would be appreciated.

btw, I'm using: FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789 and pkg -v 1.2.6, if that
matters.

thanks,
-johnd