Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 23:07:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, Dan Papasian <bugg@bugg.strangled.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: which(1), rewritten in C?

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Laurence Berland wrote:

> Which is also a perl script, which sh uses (since it's not a builtin
> there).  It does the same thing as the which that's built in to bash and
> tcsh and csh

Oh, then it does it dynamically?  That must be why it's slow.  OK, thanks.

> Chuck Robey wrote:

> > > ...snip

> > > It doesn't seem to handle multiple arguments.  File a PR and fix
> > > the issues and I'll look at getting it into post 4.0.
> >
> > Hey Alfred, what Perl program is he talking about?  Which is a builtin for
> > csh and tcsh (my shells).  Or is he talking about some other 'which'?
> >

> > > -Alfred

> > > with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of the message

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.