Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:47:50 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
To:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Toshiba Satellite 1670CDS + FREEBSD Woes

hiya gang,

I am having a problem with a Toshiba laptop here and I hope one of you can help
in advising.

This laptop has given me enough issues and refused to run Winblows - it just hangs
or complains about himem.sys, VxD errors (whetever those are).

So I decided to install FreeBSD from CD. This is a 4.4-RELEASE CD. Three times
it panicked while loading the kernel and rebooted immediately/spontaneously. Now I
have an error on the screen when booting from 4.4 CD:

fault virtual address		=	0x3a
fault code			=	supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer		=	0x8 :0xc02a1eef
stack pointer			=	0x10 :0xc06b8dec
frame pointer			=	0x10 :0xc06b8e8c
code segment			=	base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
				=	DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		=	interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL - 0
current process			=	Idle
interrupt mask			=	net tty bio cam
trap number			=	12
panic: page fault
Uptime: 0s

Could this be a device problem? Memory??

Thanks in advance

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  <wash@wananchi.com>    "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"I gained nothing at all from Supreme Enlightenment, and for that very
reason it is called Supreme Enlightenment."
		-- Gotama Buddha