Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 08:11:50 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Brandon Lockhart <brandon@engulf.net>
Cc:        Jeremy Domingue <jer@hughes.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disgruntled Linux User... questions about FreeBSD

>First of all, I do not recommend Gateway 2k for server's.  Get a COMPAQ or
>HP or SUN.  RISC is the way to go.

   It's a good thing that we (the FreeBSD developers) don't believe this else
several of the largest servers on the Internet wouldn't be running FreeBSD.
...but of course we think otherwise. FreeBSD makes an excellent server
platform and most PCs, despite their warts, work just fine in this application.

-DG

David Greenman