Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2018 08:36:41 +0200
From:      Dave Cottlehuber <dch@skunkwerks.at>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        erlang@FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: databases/couchdb upgrade to 2.2

On Mon, 10 Sep 2018, at 11:33, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any plans to create port for CouchDB 2.2?
> According to latest vulnerability in 1.7.2 and statement on upstream
> website http://docs.couchdb.org/en/stable/cve/2018-11769.html there are
> no plans to fix it in 1.7, because this version is no longer supported.

Correct; however:

1. the risk is low (rogue admin destroys the things they already have access to via DB API)
2. update your /_config to exclude this in /usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini *note NOTE local.ini
[httpd_global_handlers]
;_config = {couch_httpd_misc_handlers, handle_config_req}

> I am not able to create / maintain CouchDB 2.2 port by myself but I
> really would like to have not vulnerable version on our server.

I'm focused on getting a thing ready for eurobsdcon and ports stuff has had to take a back seat for a couple of weeks, but it's so close now. The phab review patch is already 100% functional https://reviews.freebsd.org/D16819 what remains is polishing up the port esp round how it handles docs. Feedback is welcome of course. You can build / install it and send some feedback in.

I'm interested to know how you're using CouchDB on FreeBSD (yay) email me sometime about it!

A+
Dave