Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:42:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Martin Jangowski <bsd@birdland.rhein-neckar.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports and CVSup

Hi!

I just installed 2.2.2-REL on an new machine and am trying to get to
2.2-stable using cvsup. This worked reasonably well using the files in
/usr/share/examples/cvsup.

I wasn't quite so successfull getting the ports-tree. As stated in the
example files and in the FBSD-handbok in www.freebsd.org, there is
obviously only the "."-tag for the ports-tree. I used it and got a new
ports tree. However, when using the Apache-port, I noticed that this port
is installing an alpha-release of Apache 1.3. While even alpha versions
of Apache may be very stable, I would be much more happy to use a proven
release version like 1.2.x in a production environment.

Obviously, I got the ports tree from -current. How do I get the 2.2-stable
ports tree?

Martin

| Martin Jangowski              E-Mail: maja@birdland.rhein-neckar.de |
| Voice: +49 621/53 95 06                       Fax: +49 621/53 95 07 |
| Snail Mail: Koenigsbacher Str. 16      D-67067 Ludwigshafen Germany |
| RNInet e.V.                                   Rhein-Neckar Internet |