Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 09:49:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marty Poulin <mpoulin@rascal.honk.org>
To:        Nguyen Huu Bach <a0981@makita.cc.gifu-nct.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-newbie <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>, "G. Adam Stanislav" <zen@buddhist.com>
Subject:   Re: install Modem

You won't be able to use the Winmodem in FreeBSD.  Winmodems only work in
MS Windows.

Go to http://www.freebsd.org/search and do a search of the mail archives
on "Winmodem" for more information.

If you get a "real" modem (*not* winmodem) you will be able to easily dial
up the internet using it.

You can find everything you need to know about that at:
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ppp-and-slip.html

M.

When you read a classic you do not see in the book more than you did
before.  You see more in you than there was before. - Clifton Fadiman