Date:      Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:29:18 -0800
From:      R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcm0

Andrew MacIntyre wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, R Joseph Wright wrote:
>
> {...}
> > Dmesg shows that my card is there:
> > es1:  <AudioPCI ES1371> rev 0x07 int a irq 11 on pci0.11.0
> > pcm1: using I/O space register mapping at 0x6c00
> > es1371: codec vendor revision 0
> > es1371: codec features Bass & Treble
> > es1371: stereo enhancement: no 3D stereo enhancement
> {...}
> > The mixer is set on 100% every time I've checked it, so that isn't it.
> > I figure I'm pretty close to getting it to work if it's showing up in
> > dmesg.  Can someone point me in the right direction?
>
> When you say the mixer is set to 100%, what mixer values are you talking
> about?

I'm talking about  the values in /usr/sbin/mixer.  By simply typing in
"mixer", the resulting output showed that my volume was set to 100%.

> I seem to remember having to set at least one mixer value, which defaulted
> to 0% (this was on 3.1R/3.2R though).

I have heard of that, but that wasn't the case for me.

It's not an issue for me anymore, now that I've gone back to OSS.  I'll wait
for 4.1 before I try getting sound to work through the kernel again.

--
R Joseph Wright

*I merely took the energy it takes to pout
and wrote some blues --Duke Ellington*