Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 01:10:25 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@link.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
Subject:   Re: cdrecord / projected & actual sizes don't seem right

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Nathan Dorfman wrote:

>Al, as for your error, I've been using RW media with cdrecord, -current,
>and the CDRW4260 ever since I got it. What's the problem you're having?
>Maybe you're forgetting that a) you need to blank CDRW media before recording
>onto it, cdrecord blank=all or b) the drive writes RW media at 2x, so set
>speed=2.

I'd also advise updating the firmware on your drive :
<YAMAHA CRW4260 1.0j>              at scbus0 target 6 lun 0 (pass2,cd0)

Other than that, I've done nothing special, and it all works
perfectly on a two month old -current writing at both 2x and 1x.
---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Security-wise, NT is a OS with a "kick me" sign taped to it