Date:      Sun, 05 Mar 2000 11:39:07 -0500
From:      nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Subject:   Re: No cigar with 3.9.18 :(

At 04:11 PM 3/5/00 +0000, Doug Rabson wrote:
>On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, nm wrote:

snip

>Thats right. All the hardware drivers are loadable (look in
>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules).
>

>> Next, I ran startx and the screen pretended to change
>> video modes, filled up with random color, random
>> characters (garbage), waited 3 seconds, pretended to
>> change modes again, and returned me to a prompt where
>> all I only see about every other character and things
>> are screwy :(
>>
>> Where did I go wrong?
>
>Not sure. At this point, the only hardware I know works well is MGA (which
>I'm using right now). What kind of graphics card are you using?

BTW, thanks for xfpatch :)

S3 Virge (86C325).

When I start X (8 bit depth), I see the following error printed:
Symbol VErrorF from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libint10.a is unresolved!

I believe Andrew Gallatin did get XFree86 3.9.18 running on his AS200,
but I have no idea as to what video card he was using.

Nick Maniscalco
nmanisca@vt.edu