Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 14:50:08 +0100
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
To:        "Torfinn Ingolfsen" <torfinn.ingolfsen@oslo.online.no>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two FreeBSDs on same disk, booting secondary slice?

On Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:50:59 +0100
"Torfinn Ingolfsen" <torfinn.ingolfsen@oslo.online.no> wrote:

> The problem is, when FreeBSD boots, it automatically takes the
> first FreeBSD slice and boots from that.

	Eh, it's been a while but my multibooting machines always
offered me F1 for this, F2 for that and so forth just using the standard
FreeBSD booteasy. If you are using DOS style MBRs and no boot manager
then you need to install a boot manager.

> For info, I'm using LILO as the boot loader, and I specify the correct

	Ah, I see.

> partition ("slice") there, slice 3 is hda3 and slice 4 is hda4. But,
> when the FreeBSD boot loader starts, it still boots the first
> FreeBSD slice. For various reasons, I do not wish to use booteasy,
> if I can avoid it.

	How about grub then. It sounds like a LILO problem. I've never
tried booting BSD with LILO.

--
C:>WIN                                          |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                    |A Better Way To Focus The Sun