Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 1996 10:58:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: making ports

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> It seems that Chuck Robey said:
> > I have a port I'd like to finish, a thing called glimpse, but I can't
> > find any rules for making ports.  I copied another port, and it works
>
> Look into the handbook, following section:
>
>   15.2.5.  Porting an existing piece of free software
>
> If you're adventurous, you may want to look into bsd.port.mk :-)

I have.  I've been looking at section 4.2.6, which seems to indicate that
it's about making a port.  It points you to a nonexistent document, and
that's all I found.  Thanks VERY much for the section number you gave,
it's the right one.  Someone with commit privs should change 4.2.6 to
point towards this, instead of a dead end.

BTW, I did look at bsd.port.mk, that's how I got the glimpse port to
work, but I can read makefiles, I'm not _that_ much of a make expert to go
too far into that monster.mk.

> --
> Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.frmug.fr.net
>    FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #13: Sat Jan  6 20:08:04 MET 1996

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;