Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 13:21:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Eric Boucher <eric_boucher60@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SAMBA: one user problem

Hi there,

I have this strange problem:
I am running samba between Win2k and FreeBSD. I have
made a username.map file to map users between the two
systems and I have declare it in my smb.conf file like
this: username map = .../full-path/...

So now, when every user log in with there Windows
username and password, they can go directly to there
home directory and the FreeBSD server. But there is
only one user who has to enter his FreeBSD username
and password to be able to have access to his home
directory, because there is a prompt that appears and
said something like: "incorrect password or unknown
user". Every user are accessing there homes from the
same computer (I have only one computer with Win2k).
So I don't understand why all users except one doesn't
need to enter a FreeBSD username and password. Why
this single user has to?

Thanks a lot

Eric