Date:      Fri, 07 Aug 1998 10:25:50 +1000
From:      Alastair Rankine <alastair@cia.com.au>
To:        Paul Griffith <paulg@interlog.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apple-Enhanced NetBSD

At 05:43 PM 6/08/98 -0400, you wrote:

>See http://www.macintouch.com
>
>- Apple is firmly committed to the BSD architecture in MacOSX using
>Apple enhanced NetBSD.
>
>This is great news for all BSD users in general. I wonder what

This is not great news for Mac users in general. For a summary of the
issues (admittedly in the context of Rhapsody), check out:

<http://db.tidbits.com/action.lasso?-search&-database=TEPArticles&-layout=TB
ArticleDetail&-response=tb%2fItemDetail.html&-timeout=180&ArticleID=00700>

[Maybe I wouldn't be so negative if Apple hadn't dropped Open Transport a
few months after my OT-based application was released...]

>the placement ads for MacOSX System Admin would look like.

If there are any :/

--
 [ Alastair Rankine ]        [ mailto:alastair@cia.com.au ]
             [ http://www.cia.com.au/alastair ]