Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:13:31 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Julian Stacey <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, green@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF rtld and environment variables...

Julian Stacey wrote:

> Ollivier Robert wrote:
> > According to Julian Stacey:
> > > 4.1-release produces no /sbin/mount_cfs, & man mount give no hint,
> > > If you have patches to test, I volunteer to test on 4.1 or 3.4 :-)
> > It is a port. I'd love to import it into CURRENT though.
>
> Some friends running vile Micro$oft asked me if BSD offers an encrypting file
> system, & it would be just too horrible to say "No",
> [though wether src/ or ports/ is best, I'm not now informed to comment]
>
> How do I get my hands on your sources ? :-) I'm running 4.0 on my laptop,
> was going to 4.1, but will go stable or current instead if necessary.

My relatively recent 4.1 laptop has it in ports/security/cfs.  The package
description reads:

	This is CFS, Matt Blaze's Cryptographic File System.  It provides
	transparent encryption and decryption of selected directory trees.
	It is implemented as a user-level NFS server and thus does not
	require any kernel modifications.

	For an overview of how to use it, read "${PREFIX}/share/doc/cfs/notes.ms"
	and the manual pages.  There is a paper describing CFS at:

	    ftp://research.att.com/dist/mab/cfs.ps

	Under FreeBSD, the mount command for the CFS tree must include
	"-o port=3049,nfsv2".

	John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>