Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 00:31:10 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pcmcia remove hang under 4.0-stable

Warner Losh <imp@village.org> probably said:
> In message <20000418180019.I4533@pir.net> Peter Radcliffe writes:
> : I removed the card, saw no remove message.
> Sounds like you are using an irq for your management function that
> isn't actually free.

I'm pretty damn sure it's not in use :/

It's the irq I've been using for pcic on this laptop since I bought it
and I've been through and checked every bit of hardware in this laptop
and where it is ... most everything sits on irq 9 (video, firewire,
usb), sound on 5, normal serial and other standard things. I've
disabled the parallel port for the spare irq for pcmcia cards ...

As far as I can tell, 7, 10, 11 and 15 are otherwise free.

It works normally, just occasionally fails.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu