Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 22:05:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Trenton Schulz <twschulz@gloria.cord.edu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   StarOffice 5.1 with Linux-Base 6.0

Hello,

Since I was getting so tired of having the FreeBSD Netscape crashing on me
I thought I would try the Linux version under emulation.  OF course, I
grabbed the Linux 2.2 kernel version of Netscape and found out I didn't
have all the right libraries, it worked by installing the linux-base-6.0
from
http://www.freebsd.org/~marcel/
all it really required was to remove /compat/linux first.

I also had staroffice installed... (cause I wanted/need to write papers).
Anyway it worked fine with Linux-base-5.2 after following all the
instructions under...
http://www.serv.net/~mcglk/staroffice-install.html

I went over the instructions again and patched up my fresh /compat/linux so
it would look at staroffice for libraries, etc.

but now when I try to run starOffice it appears to try and load but then it
exits saying: "Bad System Call"

Any idea about what this bad system call is or how to find it in order to
give you guys more info?  did
upgrading to Linux-base-6.0 change things enough that I need to completely
re-install staroffice? or is it just because Linux-base-6.0 is still beta
and that call is waiting to be implemented?

Thanks in advance,

--
Trenton Schulz
twschulz@cord.edu

P.S. even though the Linux netscape works flawlessly, it seems to crash
just like the FreeBSD netscape doh, I just can't win :)