Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:06:25 -0500
From:      "Joshua Weaver" <josh@metropark.com>
To:        "=?iso-8859-1?Q?'Erik_N=F8rgaard'?=" <norgaard@locolomo.org>, "'steve lasiter'" <slas7713@yahoo.com>
Cc:        'free bsd' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: two questions in one

That=92s the problem - you are using NAT, you can't "go out and come =
back in",
your packets will expire because they will not be routed back in, and =
that's
by design.   You need to set up an internal forward zone in your DNS to
direct requests to the internal address .To see what I am talking about,
trying pinging your website from the inside using the external address.  =
If
your router is set up appropriately, you should get a  'TTL expired'
message.

Set up an 'A' record for www in mywebsite.com on one of your internal =
boxes
to point to 192.168.0.2, and set up forwarders to your ISP's name =
servers on
this box.  Set all your internal hosts to use that machine for DNS =
requests,
and you will be good to go.

-Joshua Weaver