Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 19:16:22 -0500
From:      Alex Huppenthal <alex@comsys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DHCP Lease on Ethernet

I'm looking for a DHCP server for FreeBSD that will provide a IPCP
lease to a hosts on an Ethernet? Can PPP be config'd to do this?

I must admit it's been a few months since I read the docs, but my
recollection is that there is no support for Dynamic Host Configuration
Protocol over Ethernet.

We have a client who has 500 hosts that are on and off the net all
day. There is no reason to fix IP addresses for each workstation,
they should simply get one from the free pool on the server.

Any thoughts on this subject?

 -Alex