Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 1999 18:39:36 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printed man pages (was: Looking for the best webmaster.)

> The general consensus is that the man pages are a waste of space, and
> they make the book too heavy.  The next edition won't have them.  If
> anybody has strong feelings about this, please let me know.

I loathe the presence of the man pages in the book -- they have
made it far less useful than it would otherwise have been,
because it's just too damn big to manage in one hand while I
juggle six keyboards and mice while trying to find out why
something didn't happen the way I wanted.  If a new edition came
out without the man pages, I might even buy it and toss the one
I have now.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>