Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 01:45:42 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Ronald Bootsman" <Ronald@Bootsman.Net>, "Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: APM / ACPI

On Thursday 18 October 2001 16:00, Ronald Bootsman wrote:
> I have still a question about APM / ACPI.
> Which settings do have to set to active the need Shutdown AND powerdown on
> my laptop?
> I allready have APM activated in the kernel config.

If you've got a kernel with apm, then the only remaining task is to set

	apm_enable="YES"

in the /etc/rc.conf .

Once you do this,

	shutdown -p now

should power down and

	shutdown -h now

should halt but not power down.

And the "apm" command and various apm clients should work.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

-------> Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  (let him go home)  <-----------

http://www.eff.org                 http://www.programming-freedom.org