Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 1996 08:41:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        winter@jurai.net (Matthew N. Dodd)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: buying IP addresses

	wouldn't leasing address space for one0-year periods do a
	better job of 'establishing fair market price', keeping
	the market on address space efficient and providing a
	revenue stream to the internic?

	anyone every written a draft rfc?

	existing address holders would be grandfathered in for some
	time period the lease holder would have first right of
	refusal so long as they paid the 'market price' each year.

	scares me that this came from at&t, they have the resources
	to purchase a considerable amount of address space.

	who owns the internet?  today or tomorrow?  dont own the net just
	own the addresses.   small isp's will be in trouble?