Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 1996 09:23:57 BST
From:      Michael Ryan <mike@NetworX.ie>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DigiBoard driver: How to use with X/em?

I downloaded the latest drivers from
ftp://ftp.tav.kiev.ua/pub/unix/FreeBSD/dgb_helg-Apr20.tgz
This driver was written by
Oleg N Panashchenko <helg@tav.kiev.ua>
and it works very well with my Digiboard PC/Xe.
The problem re > 16MB RAM only applies to boards with
> 64MB on-board (as far as I know).
Have you run the Digiboard-supplied diagnostics to
verify correct board operation?

On Sat, 27 Jul 1996 12:02:06 -0600 (MDT) Brett Glass wrote:

> I have here a brand-spanking-new DigiBoard PC/Xem intelligent serial
> card, plus a cable and a box with 16 RS-232 connectors. However, I can't
> seem to get them working with the FreeBSD DigiBoard driver. When I build
> and boot from a kernel with the dgb driver installed, I get:
>
> dgb0: PC/Xi 512K
> dgb0 at 0x204-0x207 maddr 0xfc0000 msize 524288 on isa
> dgb0: 2nd reset failed
>
> and the ports don't work. It looks as if the card is recognized; however,
> the second message suggests a hardware problem. The docs hint that there
> might be a problem with the card in machines with more than 15 MB of RAM,
> but when I cut the amount to 8 MB I got the same result.
>
> How can I find out what's wrong?

Mike
<mike@NetworX.ie>
---