Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 09:24:58 +0100 (GMT+0100)
From:      "Alain FAUCONNET" <af@biomath.jussieu.fr>
To:        jjal@remus.rutgers.edu (Joshua Lambert)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MSDOS file systems.s

Joshua Lambert wrote / a ecrit:

> How would I go about mounting a  msdos filesystem on HD 0 Partition 1.on-a
> I have figured out how to mount a floppy but what is he device name for theave
> HD?

mount -r -t msdos /dev/wd0s1 /dosc
      ^^                     ^^^^^-- or whatever empty directory that
       |                             must exist (such as /mnt)
       +---- not mandatory (makes a read-only mount) but
             recommended if you value the data on your DOS
             partition. The msdsos filesystem of FreeBSD is
             not *that* reliable yet

>  BTW, how can I use the handbook? It's on my HD...
> I can't access it.  It says permission denied.  And I'm using root.'
> thanks./

lynx /usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook.html

or:

more /usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook.ascii

Hope that helps,
_Alain_
--
Alain FAUCONNET    Ingenieur systeme - System Manager     AP-HP/SIM
Public Health                91 bld de l'Hopital 75013 PARIS FRANCE