Date:      Sun, 23 Aug 1998 01:40:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Craig Johnston <caj@lfn.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: IBM Thinkpad 560E TFT -> $1200

Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:36:04 -0400
From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu>

Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org> says:
: Oh, one other thing about the ThinkPad worth noting: the internal modem and
: sound are done by an MWave chip. There are NO FreeBSD drivers for this, so
: neither the synth nor the modem will work. You'll need to get PCMCIA cards
: for these functions.

Actually, I don't think that this is a problem with the 560s.  They
don't have a built-in modem and if I recall correctly, the sound-chip is
a Crystal Audio jobbie (which if I remember is SB compatible).

The only StinkPads you have to worry about are the 75x/76x/770 models
which have the integrated MWave devices.

       --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8