Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:07:31 -0500
From:      Carroll Kong <damascus@eden.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Commercial Database Use?

	Hi.  I have been using FreeBSD for quite some time and I feel it is a
great OS.  Now I am put into a position where I will lead the system design
for a startup company.  I want to use FreeBSD, but my employers are adamant
at using Oracle.  Any idea when Oracle will be released?  And even so, is
Oracle for FreeBSD going to be robust enough to handle the load?  I cannot
give out too many details due to an NDA (I am really sorry), but they
assure me we will reach large loads.  (estimate load of a medium sized
company with a lot of database access / web accesses).  So relatively
complex queries, and a good number of them.
	I have deeply considered solaris + oracle instead, but I have a strong
desire and trust in FreeBSD.  Does anyone have any advice they can give me
on this?  Thanks deeply in advance.

-Carroll Kong