Date:      Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:17:52 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        cc@devcon.net (Christian Carstensen), sonne@r4k.net, dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mobilcom/freenet and i4b

> >From the keyboard of Christian Carstensen:

> > > That is exactly the same behaviour I've seen here.
> > > Is that freenets fault or i4bs ?
> >
> > This sounds like a problem I've encountered when connecting to one of our
> > cisco 3640 routers (IOS 12) using i4b. If any testing/debugging is needed
> > (Hellmuth ?), contact me, as I've got access to the dialin router as well.
>
> The problem with this type of bugs is, that i don't use PPP and that almost
> all of the other developers don't use PPP and/or that we can't reproduce
> this more or less due to our setups.
[.....]

Well, I'm now using PPPoISDN - but with user-ppp (& i4b 0.81.12).  If
anyone's interested in the patches, I'll make them available.  I
won't commit them 'till the i4b support is in -current.

Is freenet in the UK (and is it free) ?  If so, I'm happy to make it
work with user-ppp/isdn or have a damn good reason why it can't
happen :-)

> Anyway, in case there is someone out there with too much time and a good
> understanding of the inner workings of PPP, she/he is very welcome! ;-)

Well, I can't claim to have much time :-/

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>