Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:50:04 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Ogle 0.8.2 port update (beta testers ?)

Hi,

	I've updated both ogle and ogle-gui ports to version 0.8.2. I
would like people to review them and tell me whether they work.

	-STABLE users such as myself have a problem with ogle since
the ata code can't reliably handle DVDs larger than 4Gb. There is
a pending MFC fix but we shouldn't expect it soon due to the holidays.
If you are using -STABLE and it works for you, you are lucky. :)

	Well, everything should work as expected, let me know what do
you find about this latest release of the nice ogle DVD player. For
those who do not know it, ogle does support DVD menus.

	The update port versions need to be tested before I commit
them to the ports' tree. You can grab them at

http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/ogle-0.8.2.tgz
http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/ogle-gui-0.8.2.tgz

	Instructions:

	1) remove all ogle ports from your system
	- pkg_delete ogle*

	2) install the updated ogle port

	3) install the updated ogle-gui port

	Please follow these instructions to the letter. :)

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer