Date:      Sun, 03 Nov 2002 10:25:24 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Oliver Velten <ovelten@gmx.de>
Cc:        Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg1.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multilink affects voice connections

Oliver Velten writes:
> The driver I use is:
> # AVM Fritz PCI
> device          ifpi0
>
> and I use a Fritz!PCI version 1
>
> I used this card with Windows and Linux without problems using channel
> bundling. So I think it's definitive a software problem.
>
> The only posibility is to change the card?

I'd say so. The problem is that the driver is based on an inofficial
Linux port. AVM refused to provide any information on the card to me,
even after I signed a NDA. Since I, and the Linux driver developer, don't
have enough inofrmation to fix the problem the only way to avoid the
whole mess is to use a different card. Or stop using channel bundling,
since that switches the card into a mode which results in the error.

The same problem most likely also exists in the driver for the version
2 Fritz!PCI.

Buy a card from another company. To hell with AVM.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org gj@denx.de